Battlefield 4 has arrived to PC, PS3 and Xbox360 features Frostbite 3 engine. Blur the line between game and glory in Battlefield 4. With dynamic destructible environments, vehicular combat, and the chaos of all-out-war with 64 players, Battlefield 4 on PC will be an unmatched interactive experience. Check below the full Battlefield 4 possible crashes and fixes guide.
Battlefield 4 PC System Requirements
Battlefield 4 Minimum PC Requirements
- Operating Systems: Windows Vista Sp2 32-Bit (With Kb971512 Platform Update)
- Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz Or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: AMD Radeon HD 3870 or NVidia GeForce 8800 GT
- Graphics Memory: 512 MB
- Hard Drive: 30 Gb
Battlefield 4 Recommended PC Requirements
- Operating Systems: Windows 8 64-Bit
- Processor: AMD Six-Core Or Intel Quad-Core
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or NVidia GeForce GTX 660
- Graphics Memory: 3 GB
You may also like:
- Battlefield 4 Walkthrough
- Battlefield 4 Game Guide
- Battlefield 4 PS3 and Xbox360 Crashes, Freezes and Issues
Battlefield 4 isn’t running on 32-bit PC
You can run the game in 32-bit windows system but you have to download and install Day 1 Patch to play the Battlefield 4.
Battlefield 4 not appearing in Origins
First of all, make sure you have “Show: All Games” in MY GAMES selected. Have also a look at “Hidden Games” because manually hidden games will not appear in the “All Games” view. If problem persists then restart the Origins client and internet router as well.
Battlefield 4 Useful Console Commands
To enter command, press ~ and then enter any command such below.
PerfOverlay.drawFPS 1 (Show FPS Counter)
PerfOverlay.drawGraph 1 (Show Performance Graph)
GameTime.maxVariableFPS # (Set framerate limit)
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 1 (Enable Triple-Buffering)
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1 (Force rendering only one frame ahead)
Screenshot.Render (Take Screen Shot which will be saved in My Documents\Battlefield 4\Screenshots\ directory)
Battlefield 4 ‘An Error was Reported by EA Online’ Fix
When you attempt to play Battlefield 4, a message occurs, ‘An Error was reported by EA Online’. This error comes due to having multiple IDs on the same account. You can apply the following steps to fix this issue.
- Go to Battlelog and click the Profile in the top-right corner
- Click Change Soldier and here choose your active soldier which will be also highlighted in green color
- Click the active button next to one of your non-active soldiers to set it as primary
- Then play game, hope the error will not come again
[sam id=6 codes=’false’]
Battlefield 4 Save File Location
You can locate the Battlefield 4 save files from My Documents\Battlefield 4\settings, here meta.xml, PROFSAVE, PROFSAVE_header and PROFSAVE_profile are the save files.
Battlefield 4 Stuck or Crashed on Loading Screen
It is very known issue regarding to Battlefield 4 Beta and Battlefield 4 full game, the developers are trying to fix this issue but not so far. So we have some solutions to fix it, see below.
- First of all, update your graphic card drivers to the latest
- Turn off ‘cloud storage’ in Origin
- Update your operating systems to the latest service pack
- Go to NVidia Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Control
- Now disable all extra options and set the preferences for AA and anisotropic to ‘use applications settings’
- Disable NVidia SLI or AMD CrossFire if you are using
- It is also recommended to disable any Antivirus or Firewall programs before run the game. If possible add the BF4.exe in exception list of firewall. For more help read this topic.
- Update PunkBuster as we already discussed on the top
Battlefield 4 PunkBuster Problems
If you have any problem with PunkBuster, then follow the steps below:
- First of all, make sure you have a folder called ‘PB’ in Battlefield 4 directory, if not then re-install the game.
- Download PunkBuster, PB Client and PBSetup.exe and then save them to Battlefield 4\PB folder.
- Now run PBSetup.exe, add your game and hit ‘check for updates’.
Battlefield 4 becomes unresponsive, crashes or black screen after changing controls
After setting the key-bindings in Battlefield 4, now game becomes un-responding, giving black screen or crashes, then reset it to default settings and also try these steps.
- Go to My Documents\Battlefield 4\settings\
- Find PROFSAVE_profile file
- Open this file into text editor (JEditor)
- Now press Ctrl + F to find controversial key bindings
- Search below 5 lines including empty line
Here, make sure the replace text box should empty, “search in” is set to “current buffer”, and in the “settings” there is “Regular expression” box checked. It will take few minutes then ready, now you can play Battlefield 4.
Battlefield 4 Low Performance Issues
Battlefield 4 contains heavy textures and graphic and requires a good PC to play this game smooth. You can also improve your Battlefield 4 performance by using these tips.
- Must have updated graphic card drivers
- Install the DirectX latest version
- During running game, minimize the game, open task manager, right click on BF4.exe and set the priority to low
- Use low or medium graphic settings
- Low resolution is also can be affective to improve performance
- Turn-off Hyper-threading technology on Intel’s Processors (It’s tricky)
- Quit running background browsers
- Disable running background applications
- Run the game in windowed mode
[sam id=6 codes=’false’]
Battlefield 4 Multiplayer/Online Connectivity or Lag Issues
As Battlefield 4 multiplayer fans are one of the creatures, and may have many connectivity and online issues. You can try these tips to reduce lag and improve the connectivity.
- As I already told too, latest graphic card drivers and latest Windows service pack are highly recommended, so hold them.
- Use lower or medium graphic settings in multiplayer
- Disable Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering
- Use wired internet connection instead of Wireless
- If you are using overclock hardware then reset it to factory settings
- Disable background applications before start the game.
Battlefield 4 Origins shows you as Offline
It is due to Origins server maintenance, so try later to connect again.
Battlefield 4 Origins has stopped working while downloading the game
During download Battlefield 4 via Origins and suddenly Origins goes stop working. First of all, make sure your hard drive should be NTFS file system formatted instead of FAT32. If you have FAT32 hard drive partitions then format them to NTFS.
Battlefield 4 Programs that conflicting with Origins
If you have controversial programs such as Antivirus, Firewall or 3rd party security programs, you may face problems with Origins, so always keep up-to-date Antivirus programs, and if necessary disable them before run the client and game.
Battlefield 4 getting Error 1996613200
It is recommended to have up-to-date Origin software client, make sure your download and install folder are set at default. You can also run Origin client as Administrator and compatibility mode of Windows XP SP3. If problem persists then restart your modem or router.
Battlefield 4 Connection to the Server timed out or you were disconnected from EA Online
First of all, make sure you have logged in EA or Origin website or client software. Due to Battlefield 4 popularity, I think the first two days after release the connectivity issues will be common. Do a trick and forward Battlefield 4 network ports also restart your Origins client, system and router as well.
Battlefield 4 Gets Minimized when Press Caps
It is a very rare issue and few gamers may face off this problem. Check below the solution.
- Open Task Manager
- Select Processes Tab
- Locate BTTray.exe and kill this process
Battlefield 4 isn’t Starting or Launch Issues
There are many launch problem issues in Battlefield 4, first of all, make sure your Origin client, DirectX, Microsoft Visual C++, Windows and hardware drivers are up-to-date. Also check our guide for more help.
[sam id=6 codes=’false’]
Battlefield 4 Out of Control Mouse or Lagging Cursor
Found a detailed guide to avoid mouse lag.
Battlefield 4 Invalid license Reason code = Missing DLL: dxgi.dll Function: CreateDXGIFactory1
First of all, update DirectX. If problem persists then follow below steps:
- Go to C:\Windows\System32 and locate the file dxgi.dll
- Copy above file and paste this file to Battlefield 4 folder
- It’s done
Battlefield 4 Crashes or Freezes during Gameplay
During multiplayer or online gameplay of Battlefield 4, the random crashes and freezes are very common problems. Apply below solutions to fix the issue.
For Windows 7 or Vista Users:
- Open command prompt by run as administrator
- Type bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500 and press enter
- Now restart your machine
Battlefield 4 Receiving an Error when trying to Launch
Is you are receiving errors like, Msvcr100.dll, Msvcr110.dll or Msvcr120.dll Missing then follow the steps to fix these issues.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4
- Locate _Installer folder
- Now open VC folder, then vc2012Update3
- Open redist folder and install both x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe
Battlefield 4 Twitch Streaming causes Extreme Lag
If you are using Twitch to stream your game and game is lagging then try to lower your Broadcast resolution and picture quality. To do this, check steps below.
- Open Origin in-game and press Shift + F1
- Select Camera icon and open Twitch menu then login your account
- Now hit Advanced Settings tab
- Here set the Broadcast Resolution and Picture Quality settings
For more guide and help, check our General Fixes as for much work in progress, stay tune for more Battlefield 4 Issues and their fixes…