Thief 2014 PC Crashes, Low FPS, Black Screen, Mouse Lag and other Fixes
Play as Garret, the Master Thief, steps out of the shadows into the City. In this treacherous place, where the Baron’s Watch spreads a rising tide of fear and oppression, his skills are the only things he can trust. Even the most cautious citizens and their best-guarded possessions are not safe from his reach. The PC version of the game has some issues such as mouse lag, fps problem, crash to desktop, and other major errors.
Thief PC Requirements
Thief PC Minimum Requirements
- Operating Systems: Windows Vista with Platform Update
- Processor: Dual Core or Quad Core CPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics: AMD Radeon 4800 series or NVidia GTS 250
- DirectX: Version 10
- Hard Drive: 20 GB
Thief PC Recommended Requirements
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8 (32nit or 64-bit)
- Processor: AMD FX 8000 series, Intel Quad i7 Core or better CPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD R9 series, NVidia GTX 660 series or better
- DirectX: Version 11
[sam id=6 codes=’false’]
You may Also Like:
- Thief 2014 HD Theme Pack for Windows 7/8
- Thief Achievements List
- Thief Trophies List
- Thief Walkthrough
- Thief Game Guide
- Thief 2014 Ancient Figurine (Easter Egg) and Hidden Focus Point Location Guide
- Thief 2014 PC Crashes, Low FPS, BlackScreen, Mouse Lag and other Fixes
- Thief 2014 All Collectibles and Loot Locations Guide
Thief 2014 PC General Fixes
To fix Thief general problems, errors and issues, go with General Fixes.
Thief 2014 Random Crashes or Crash to Desktop – Fix
- Update graphic cards drivers to the latest.
- Make sure your operating System is up-to-date.
- Try to start the game in low graphic settings.
- Disable Anti-Virus or Firewall programs before start the game.
- If you have installed programs such as MSI Afterburner, Asus GamerOSD or SmartDoctor, you should remove them all from you system.
- If you are using an overclock hardware, try to reset them to factory settings.
- Check your Processor and Graphic Card temperature, sometimes the overheated hardware generate problems.
- Verify the game cache and local files from Steam Option.
Note: To verify the Thief cache and local files from Steam, just right click on Thief from Steam game library. Select Properties, now select Local Files Tab then hit on ‘Verify Integrity of Game Cache’. Now wait and let the Steam work.
Thief 2014 – How to skip Intro Videos?
To skip Thief’s introduction videos, follow the steps below.
- Go to Thief\ThiefGame\Config
- Locate ThiefEngine.ini file and open it into Notepad
- Now change StartupMovies=PROG_GUI_Video.StartupVideoPlayer to ;StartupMovies=PROG_GUI_Video.StartupVideoPlayer
- Save the changes and done.
Thief 2014 – How to fix ‘Timed Fade’ option for HUD?
While health, focus, inventory and ammo set to ‘Timed Fade’ option in game and HUD menu, the fade remains just 50% opacity. To fix this problem, follow the instructions.
- Open game folder
- Go to ThiefGame\Config\ThiefUI.ini
- Open this file to Notepad
- Now find the lines ‘mInvSelectionAlphaMin=, mHealthAlphaMin= and mFocusAlphaMin= and change their values to 0.0f;
- Now save and exit
Thief 2014 isn’t running or other Launch Issues – Fix
Thief has also some launch issue such as nothing happen after double click, a black screen comes on launch or other related issues. Apply the following tricks to solve this issue.
- Make sure your hardware drivers and operating system up-to-date.
- Install or update DirectX, Visual C++, .Net Framework and other redistributables.
- Install Steam client.
- Verify the Thief Integrity Cache Files from Steam.
[sam id=6 codes=’false’]
Thief 2014 Running Slow or Bad FPS – Fix
Very first, you must know about the game’s requirements as I shared at the top. Hardware’s drivers must be up-to-date. Run game in lowest graphic settings and resolution as well. The increasing or decreasing of resolution may fix this issue, sometime works. You should try to disable Anti-Virus, Firewalls or other third-party security programs. Disable background applications before start the game may enhance game performance and Framerates. If the game installed on external or portable hard drive, you must move your game into internal one.
Thief game requires DirectX 11 graphic cards but some DirectX 10 GPU users can also play the game. But they face off low FPS or lag issues. As well as the system’s processor also count, if you have Core 2 Dou or less you should upgrade it.
Thief 2014 No Cut-scenes Sound, Delayed Dialogue Voices or other Sound Problems
The sound issues in Thief are very known as for much no footsteps sounds, delayed dialogues voices, no cut-scenes sound are major issues. You can try the following suggestions to fix these issues, hope it works. (Note: The Polish and Czech users can face-off these issues, it is recommended to change it to English or other language.)
- Make sure you have installed or updated DirectX
- Turn-off V-Sync for delayed sound or voices.
- Install the latest sound drivers such as Realtek or Creative Sound Blasters.
- Right click on audio tray icon, select Playback devices, click speakers and then Configure, here test sound and select the exact option.
- For more guide, go with No Sound, Delay Sound, Missing Dialogues, Stuttering Fix
Thief 2014 – Black Screen or Crashed after Loading
It is very known problem especially for NVidia graphic card users. To fix this problem, just add game in NVidia Control Panel and select High Performance NVidia Processor from preddered graphics processor for this program. That’s it, hope it will fix this issue.
Thief 2014 – How to reduce Mouse Lag?
The quick and easy fix to reduce mouse lag, run your game in Exclusive Fullscreen mode, go to graphic options and enable it. In case you don’t want to use this mode, then you must disable ‘one frame thread lag’ from the configuration file named BaseEndinge.ini.
- Open game folder, where your game installed
- Navigate to Thief\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini
- Open this file in Notepad
- Now find the line ‘OneFrameThreadLag=True’
- Just change value ‘True’ to ‘False’ like OneFrameThreadLag=False’
- That’s it.
Thief 2014 Start-up Black Screen – Fix
If you are facing Black Screen on start up or when you launch the game. There are two ways to fix this issue. A quick and easy way to fix this issue that run game in windowed mode and the other solution, delete or move save game file then start a new game will fix this issue.
[sam id=6 codes=’false’]
Work in Progress…